Missing Features

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
Paul_Silverwave

Missing Features

Post by Paul_Silverwave »

functions missing in Lumidesk:

i have bought the ulimate version of Lumidesk. and i think its a great program. only i missing some possibilities. ore ma by i dont know how it works.
for example. its not possible to link the live action buttons to a hardware input, dmx or midi.
i would like to use them to my hardware midi controller.

and i miss the possibility to ad more than one triggers to a cue.
i would like to have a possibility to activate more cue's in one action. for example, one cue for the color from the scans, one cue with the mirror movements and one cue with the dimmer cache.
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Missing Features

Post by lumidesk »

Thanks for your message.

I'm posting a new Beta version right now.
What's new : 1. Live Button Action controlled by MIDI NOTE
2. Live Button Action slider controlled by MIDI Dimmer OR DMX Input
3. Live Button Action / Cue Button / Sequence Button can be customized, you can pick a color for each button.

Concerning your last point, you can do that with the keyboard shortcuts, you can define the same shortcut (or MIDI Note, or DMX IN) on different cues or sequences and you will be able to start and stop them automatically. What do you think?

Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Paul_Silverwave

Post by Paul_Silverwave »

Great!!! and so soon!!!

i have tried the function of midi and the live button... and also the dmx. but i can't find the option.
i have installed the version of 30 Augustus.
ma by you hide it somewhere else :D

the last point. (trigger More cue's white a key, midi ore Dmx)
the problem is that i only can add one short key to a cue. this mean that i only can use tis cue one time in a set of cue's
for example.

i have 3 cue's mirror left, color blue,gobo3
so i add the short key X to all those cue´s.. so when i press X the 3 cue´s go active.
now i want to do the same but now i want this set whit green.... so.. mirror left, color green, gobo3
i want to activate by pressing Y button, but the cue of the mirror and gobo is already link t to the X...

so that is my (problem) point..

but i also want to thank you for your reaction. now im so glad that i bought lumidesk..
i never seen same ting like this. that the developer react and fix..:D

and sorry for my English, im form Holland :D
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello,
to add the MIDI or Shortcut function you need to do CTRL + left Click on the button for the shortcut and ALT + left Click on the button for the MIDI Note.

I see what you mean, I will see if I can add this function with the shortcut.
I will let you know ASAP

Thanks
Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

shpa

Post by shpa »

Hi, I also bought the ultimate version and I have a few suggestions if you don't mind.

The first one is related to playing a music file with a cue, would it be possible to be able to restart a cue in the middle, say from a sequence and have the mp3 file start at the right position, I spend a lot of time replaying an entire cue just to see if a change to a sequence was done right.

The other one is related to the timed loops, it doesn't seems to work at all and it's quite difficult to make loops last a specific amount of time.

Also is there a way to add fog to the 3d visualizer?

Thanks
Great program btw

Patrick
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your message.

Concerning the fog effect to the 3D visualizer it's not possible.
I will check the timed loops function and let you know for that point.
Can you describe what would be the best way to do the cue reset with the music file I don't get it.
Thanks a lot

Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

shpa

Post by shpa »

For the cue, in live mode the mp3 file only plays from the beginning, it would be nice to see a timeline for the entire cue and know at which point in time a specific sequence will be playing.

For example I would like to have a sequence that last 20 seconds (that's why I was asking for the time loop), then the next one 10, and the last one loops to the end of the song, let's say 1 minute.

What I would like to do is play the second sequence (the one lasting 10 seconds) and have the mp3 file play from that point, right now it's not playing at all so I always have to start from the beginning to see if my changes were on time with the song.

I guess these two issues are kind of related, if you can get accurate timing for the sequences then you can add the mp3 playback feature.

Does that make sense?

Also would it be possible to add more universe?

Patrick
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Ok I got it, I will see what I can do, give me about a week and I will come back to you
Thanks

Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

shpa

Post by shpa »

Other thoughts...

1 - Make the group window customizable (i.e. control number of row/col)
2 - Fix the group window so it doesn't disappear...
3 - Display total time of a sequence when in fixed number of loops or timed loop.
4 - Display total time of cue.
5 - Create palette from current view, like a snapshot.
6 - Fix grid please... Every time you add a new fixture the grid is all mixed up, make it scrollable also, when too many fixture are added they end up on top of each other.
7 - Save the lock state of the grid, always comes unlock when loading a file.
8 - More colors for group window, currently limited to 6.
9 - Ctrl click on group so you can select multiple group.

That's about it for now...

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Patrick
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, I'm still working on the features, I will let you know when a beta version will be ready
Sorry for the delay
Thanks

Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, this is a preview of the timing function for the sequences.

1. Click on the loop option button to get the setup window. Setup the time you want. You can see a "timer" caption at the bottom of the Sequences list

2. In live mode, the sequence 2 is controlled by time, now you can see "00:00:00:00"

3. Start the sequence the timer will sart, when it will reach the defined time the sequence will be released.

Thanks
Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

shpa

Post by shpa »

Wonderful, will it also start the mp3 file at the right place if I click on a specific sequence in live mode?
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

I'm checking the MP3 right now. When you say "at the right place" what do you mean?
for now, the MP3 will start when the Sequence will be activated and will stop when the sequence will be turned off, that's what you want?

Please let me know
Julien
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

shpa

Post by shpa »

What I mean is, suppose you have a cue with 3 sequences, each lasting 20 seconds, if I click on the second sequence in live mode I would expect the mp3 to start at 20 seconds, not at the beginning or not at all which is the current behavior.

This way I can fine tune a sequence with the music without having to start from the beginning.

Since you fixed the timed loops it should be easy to calculate exactly when in time a sequence would start.

BTW, do you need help? I'm a software developer myself, I'll do it for free... :D

Patrick
djswento

Post by djswento »

hello,

can you make some function like a manual trigger button. So when we go live, we can tap on that button and the scene goes to the next step of it.

greetings,
swento