Auto release

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
af1960

Auto release

Post by af1960 »

Hi,
Is there a way that a sequence - after it's finished - leaves the settings of the fixtures alone, i.e. that everything doesn't snap back to their defaults?
I'm working in stacking mode, and sometimes i want to use settings from a prevous sequence in the next. I can do that by using the auto release switch and leave the previous sequence running, but when a couple of sequences keep running it seriously influences the performance (= speed). What i want is that a sequence - when it is switched off (or stops because of timer or nr of loops) leaves the fixture settings alone...
Am i crazy of would this be a really useful feature?
Best regards,
Mark
Mark van Oosterhout
LumiDesk Ultimate
Rotterdam, Netherlands
CMBDJ

Re: Auto release

Post by CMBDJ »

Set sequence run to loop constantly, set sequence 2 to loop how ever many times. When sequence 2 runs out, it will deactivate and sequence 1 will be the only one running.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
af1960

Post by af1960 »

Hi Casey,
I see your point, but its not what i mean. An example:
I make a sequence in which i position a nu ber of fixtures, select a gobo, colors etc. I use the next sequences to just fade in the fixtures. This way you won't see the fixture moving or selecting colors and gobos while fading in.
What i would like is the first sequences just do what is does as described, run out, and just leave the settings alone.. Now all the fixtures are reset when a sequence runs out.
Hope this explains it better.
Regards,
Mark
Mark van Oosterhout
LumiDesk Ultimate
Rotterdam, Netherlands
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

Right click on the sequence for movement,gobo, etc. select lopp options, uncheck auto release. The sequence should stay active.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com