User input on a New Feature Request

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
CMBDJ

User input on a New Feature Request

Post by CMBDJ »

I'm asking this to the users out there. Please post your comments.

Would you like Lumidesk to have a feature to change the X/Y parameters of your recorded shows? Meaning, give you the ability to make your scenes focused on a small dance floor, but then make the x/y movement wider for a bigger dance floor at a different venue. Currently stationary pallets allow you do quickly adjust x/y movements, but this is only good for stationary programming. I'm asking you if the ability to increase or decrease your x/y pattern (like a circle or curve or any pan/tilt movement) would be helpful. Post away!
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
CMBDJ

Re: User input on a New Feature Request

Post by CMBDJ »

38 views and no comments?
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
Konken

Post by Konken »

I think this feature would be a much welcommed addition to this software.
MacGyverguy

Post by MacGyverguy »

Yes this feature would be very helpful. Could you also create the ability to have X/Y chases based off starting position? For example, if you have a cue for moving lights to make small circles and have the lights pointed down, when you click the small circles cue they make small circles around that down position.

Another request would be to change the program to where it can do updates to the newer versions without having to reinstall the entire program.
Konken

Post by Konken »

Agree with last post, but the starting posision issue...As I understand we can use position pallets to create some "fixed" positions. If we for instance add an effect to one of these ( for instance a circel )Then if you edit the pallet, the x/y values will remain uncanged for the circel movement. So then all of the created movements will be wrong according to the start position and you have to make new ones or edit them all. I would like to have a feature that would correct the X/Y values according to how much the "starting point" has changed. But then we need the ability to set this point and not use pos pallets. Let's say that when you generate a sequence, you could say that the first scene is the "master" and you could choose if changes done to this point should update the rest of the sequence or not. Maybe this is an idea or maybe someone else has some thoughts about this as well.