MAC Drivers and software please.

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
DJMike_123

MAC Drivers and software please.

Post by DJMike_123 »

I have moved from my windows based laptop system to a Mac Book and would love Lumidesk to run on this please please please can you make this happen. :geek:
DJMike_123

Re: MAC Drivers and software please.

Post by DJMike_123 »

Any thoughts on a time scale for this or do I need to look at other controllers if its not going to happen?
LDK34

Post by LDK34 »

HI DJ Mike,

I don't know very well Mac, but I think you can have something like "Bootcamp", a kind of windows session opening on your Macbook.
I tried it with someone and it worked well.

Let us know,

enjoy you lighting :-)
DJMike_123

Post by DJMike_123 »

Bootcamp is not an option as I run the music software on the Mac under OSX and I wan to multi task the Mac to run both Lumidesk and Serato at the same time, so multi boot is not any use.
So any chance that Lumidesk will at some point run on a MAC under OSX?
DJMike_123

Post by DJMike_123 »

PS notice how many hits this question has got.
Can I ask how many others want Lumidesk to run on their MACs just add a +1
LDK34

Post by LDK34 »

Hi DJMike_123,

As far as I know, there is no development scheduled for Lumidesk on a Mac OS, Julien might confirm (or not) this info.
By the way, if I can give you an advice, and please trust in my experiences, use 2 Computers for your work : one for Lumidesk and one for Serato.
According to me, on my Windows PC experience, using both application in multitask mean requiring more power for your computers : you can not risk to have soft troubles (I mean quality of sound or of DMX output) because one of the soft ask to much power of the CPU. But again : I'm not a Mac user (and then I don't know how it would react).

It' another discussion but Today Windows works fine and does'nt have any trouble for soft. ... even I don't like windows 8 (I think the best was XP, why did they stopped it ?)

I hope you'll find a solution that make you happy.

Enjoy your lights and sound !
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

What about Parallels? www.parallels.com
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
DJMike_123

Post by DJMike_123 »

Parallels is not practical in the situation I wish to use as my Music play out system runs withing the MAC OX and I would like the Lumidesk to run along side it as I used too before I moved to a MAC
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

That should have been taken into consideration before making your switch. Mac and Windows compatible software is very complicated to write. ADJ made the switch from pc only to mac and pc 2 years ago, and they're still working on programming to add the 3D visualizer to the 2.0 package.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
DJMike_123

Post by DJMike_123 »

HI thank you for your swift reply I am in no real rush I am sure if you find a way then it will happen is just on my wish list ;)