Scan library - RGBW fixtures

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
plc66

Scan library - RGBW fixtures

Post by plc66 »

Hi guys ,

First of all a quick presentation ! My name's Pierre, living in Fremantle, Australia. Been into techno prod for a while, I feel now like changing a bit of playground !
I just ordered Lumidesk Ultimate , and can't wait to plug it in ...

Now I have a little problem: the function White/Amber is not quite clear... so I might need a hand ...

Basically I've got a fixture with 9 channels. Among them 4 channels a controlling the colour of the can (RGBW), but since there pretty generic, I had to create a new fixture with ScanLibrary... I used the White amber function to assign the white channel, But nothing comes up on the 3D view.

I tried to make a second beam for the fixture and assign it to the W/A channel, but it still would detect only one "beam" channel ...

Can anyone explain precisely how this function works and how I can set it up without having to take all the gear out of the flight cases ??? :)

Cheers,

Pierre
simonB

Re: Scan library - RGBW fixtures

Post by simonB »

Hi Pierre

The 3D visualiser doesn't support multibeam or RGBW, however this will not affect the output from your fixtures, just your visualisation.

At the moment with lumidesk, you must control the white fader manually. New features for automatic white channel adjustment will be available on the next release.

Best Regards
Simon
plc66

Re: Scan library - RGBW fixtures

Post by plc66 »

Cool !!! Any idea when we're gonna get the new release ???