FX Manager - Step number

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
plc66

FX Manager - Step number

Post by plc66 »

Hi !

Just another quick question for tonight ...

In the FX manager , I'd like to create a sequence with a predefined number of steps (multiples of 4 - good for the stuff I listen to) ... Since I intend to use mainly the Audio analysis and trigger each step of the sequence with kicks, it'd be great if that could stick precisely, and it turns out that I don't really need to focus on the proper time value ...

How do I do that without having to use a calculator ? Actually, what does the value of sequence precision act on ?

Cheers,

Pierre
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: FX Manager - Step number

Post by lumidesk »

Good morning Pierre,

the audio analysis BPM allow you to change a scene every beat, that what you want to do? you can play with 1/4 beat , 1/2 beat change too so the movement would be faster, maybe your answer
Thanks

Julien Chevalier
LumiDesk
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

plc66

Re: FX Manager - Step number

Post by plc66 »

Hmmm not exactly, but that's the idea ...

Most of the techno tracks are made on a 4/4 basis , therefore I'd need to have each of my sequences with a number of scenes that is a multiple of 4 ...

Let's say I want to create a simple effect that goes all out on the first note of a musical measure (1st beat) and fades until the end of the measure (4th beat) - basically it would emphasise the first note of the measure :

1/ I select all the fixtures which I want to edit .. (simple par cans)
2/ I open the effect manager , go to the tab "Advanced effects" and set the master dimmer on a triangle function, no phasing, amp 255, phase 100, ratio 4 (unlocked), offset 127 ... allright I've got my ramp over 4 seconds (default setting).
3/ I click on Generate and the FX manager creates 2 scenes.
4/ I fiddle with the Option->Sequence generating parameter->Sequence precision level, which was at 8, and turn it to 10 and it creates 100 scenes
5/ I fiddle again with it , and turn it to 6 and it creates 2 scenes ...

So I get a bit confused, if you see my point ...

Let's say I want to create exactly 8 scenes, and trigger them every half beat , how do I do that ???