New Fixture - Lumidesk Frustration Continues

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
stickyfusion

New Fixture - Lumidesk Frustration Continues

Post by stickyfusion »

A couple of years ago when I bought Lumidesk Ultimate (and paid dearly for it) I thought it would be the be all end all solution for my lighting needs. It seems that it is only as good as the person who creates the SSL profiles for the fixtures and for some of the fixtures it is very lacking. Almost like someone gave up and got lazy.

Last night as a gift I received a Chauvet ColorStrip Mini... I bring it home, connect the DMX, set the address and patch it into LDesk. What I am presented with is simply about 8 different colors and as many or more macro buttons that do absolutely nothing, an audio button that does nothing, etc. I have the manual for the light, if I could figure out how to program each of the manual's features into Lumidesk I would but I feel like this light is pretty cool for what I have seen the videos online for it and yet it is like Lumidesk has the appearance of being so powerful but not very intuitive and the support base the fixtures is disappointing at best.

Can anyone offer me any assistance on this? The manual for this product is here. http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... ML9_WO.pdf
stickyfusion

Re: New Fixture - Lumidesk Frustration Continues

Post by stickyfusion »

I went into the ScanLibrary to look at the ColorStrip Mini profile and I see errors like this.
Are there any good places to learn how to correct crap like this?

mark

Post by mark »

Hello , I have same caint of problems ( sorry for my bad english )

I have LED PARS that start with DIMMER , and then RGB... not posible to program in Ldesk FIXTURE creature ....

Grtn MArk
lumidesk.forum

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hello Mark, please send us an SSL request and we will update the current SSL profile.
You can make the request here : http://store.lumidesk.com

Thanks
Julien
mark

Post by mark »

Hello Julian ,

I found the SSL fixture in the base , it looks like the good one .

Thanks .. :P :P
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

It is always best to get your profiles from the manufacturers of those lights. Those will always be the best profiles. Secondly, light fixtures have multiple modes. So you have to be sure you set the light fixture to the same channel mode as the profile you are using. The channel modes use different amounts of channels. So you can set an RGB par wash to have as little as 3 channels, or use 8 channels. The more channels offer more functions that the light will perform. Like strobe, dimming, sound active, internal programs and so on. If your light is set to a different mode (by default) than the profile you are using; the light will not respond correctly.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com