Question from theatre

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
marek

Question from theatre

Post by marek »

Greetings!
One simple question from theatre:

We use Your "Lumidesk Nano", and we use only 10 Dimmer channels.

I wonder how can I change the light between two cues "softer".

Example 1: In first Cue We have channel 1 on 100% and in second Cue we have channel 1 & 2 on 100%. When in Live mode we switch from cue 1 to cue 2, channel 1 in Cue 2 is going again from 0% and we want it to stay on 100%.

Example 2: We have three channels.
In first cue all 3 channels are on 100% and in second cue we want that two channels stay on 100% and the third to go on 0% but not immediately but with fading out slowly.
We tried with fade in/out settings but it didn't work. Unfortunately we can't figure that out.

We need simple crossfading from one cue to another with
posibillity of fading in/out (A - B) like on lightning console for theatre.

Is it even possible to do this in LumiDesk?

And one more question: When we patch do we need to choose some of the dimmers or some of the reflectors?

Thank You!
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Question from theatre

Post by lumidesk »

Hello,
thanks for your message.

You can setup the "fade In" and "fade out" options on the "settings" for your sequences buttons (right click on the button - settings)

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

marek

Post by marek »

Hi, thank you for your reply,
I tried the "fade In" and "fade out" options on the "settings" but it didn't work...
the channel is again going from 0... any other suggestions? please...
thanks!
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

marek wrote:Hi, thank you for your reply,
I tried the "fade In" and "fade out" options on the "settings" but it didn't work...
the channel is again going from 0... any other suggestions? please...
thanks!
I'm using the current beta and it's workng fine. If you want to hit a cue button and walk away, you have to set the cue times for the cue button, and then for each sequence. If you set the fade in and out times for a cue button, you have the option to expand that to all the cue buttons.

Or you can set the fade in and out times just for the sequences and they will fade from triggering another sequence button.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
marek

Post by marek »

well my main problem is that, for exapmle: in sequence 1 I have chanells 1,2 and 3 on FULL and in the next sequence I want only chanell 1 and 2 to stay full and channel 3 to fade. (not all of them - which is happening in my case). thanks once more.
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

marek wrote:well my main problem is that, for exapmle: in sequence 1 I have chanells 1,2 and 3 on FULL and in the next sequence I want only chanell 1 and 2 to stay full and channel 3 to fade. (not all of them - which is happening in my case). thanks once more.
so your saying that seq 1 fades all channels down...then fades back up with only the 2 channels recorded in seq 2? If so, try not setting the fae out time on seq1, and just the fade in time for seq2.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com