Problem with BPM settings not saved

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
KevinBenstead

Problem with BPM settings not saved

Post by KevinBenstead »

I was using a Lumidesk Ultra that we purchased a few months ago at a show last weekend. I used the latest released evrsion of the software and the latest firmware.

I had a recurring problem which nearly drove me mad.

I set a couple of my sequences to use BPM settings for changing from one scene to the next. These settings were saved when I saved the project (although i had to go back to the desktop screen from the live screen to save it, saving appears disabled in live mode).

What i found annoying was that the BPM settings reverted to 120BPM when i restarted the lumidesk application. Every time I ran the show i had to go into the BPM/sound settings and reselect Audio Analysis mode so that the sequence was triggered by the music. The music was played live so I had to use this mode which worked brilliantly once i'd set it up. BUT I had to remember to set it up for every show because we shut down the computer overnight.
--------------------------------
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Problem with BPM settings not saved

Post by lumidesk »

Hi, I will check that ASAP and update the Beta version
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, I just checked the BPM settings, they are saved everytime you change them. They are not saved with the show but on the software's parameters. Please can you tell me if it works for you
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

KevinBenstead

Post by KevinBenstead »

The version i have doesn't save the settings. If they are saved by the program is this when the program is exited. In which case they definately are not saved. I downloaded version mid january. has this changed since then?

It would be much better to save as part of the show rather than as a program setting. Some shows might need different settings to others.
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group
KevinBenstead

Post by KevinBenstead »

I downloaded the latest version from the website yesterday. (version 14.10.24 Feb 9 2011)

I loaded a show, went to live mode, set BPM settings as i want them, then exited the program.
When I ran Lumidesk again the BPM settings are back to the default (fixed 120BPM).

So BPM settings are not being saved when program exits as mentioned in previous post.

I'm currently running in Demo mode on a Vista machine (I am an administrator). I'll try it on my XP machine, with Lumidek Ultimate attatched at the Theatre later in the week.

On a related note: It would be very useful to be able to program the use of BPM and audio files for CUEs etc from the desktop screen rather than having to go to live mode to do it. Especially as the "save" button is greyed out in live mode!)
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, I will post a Beta next week, we totally change the Audio Analysis, so no more problem with BPM storage
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager