BPM or Sound Trigger

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
taurai

BPM or Sound Trigger

Post by taurai »

Hi

I am a newbie and I just purchased Lumidesk Live...I use it with Serato and am learning how to program the various scenes/sequences. I do mostly weddings and I use scratch live (serato) with a Rane 68 mixer for audio. I would like to be able to control the lights using Lumidesk for scenes e.g to focus on the groom and bride during a wedding and then change to audio trigger when the crowd is dancing. How can I have my scenes affected by the BPM ? Is there a way I can input audio in my second PC thats running Lumidesk and have Lumidesk detect the BPM to trigger the scenes or make the scenes respond to the sound/music.
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: BPM or Sound Trigger

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, you just need to right click on any Sequence button in Live mode and select "follow music BPM", you have different options if you want to follow each beat, each 1/2 beat etc...
You need to have the "Audio Analyzer" mode to be able to detect the BPM from an external source like a line or microphone.

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

taurai

Post by taurai »

lumidesk wrote:Hello, you just need to right click on any Sequence button in Live mode and select "follow music BPM", you have different options if you want to follow each beat, each 1/2 beat etc...
You need to have the "Audio Analyzer" mode to be able to detect the BPM from an external source like a line or microphone.

Thanks
Thanks - I think I found it - I will play with it but so far it looks great and easy - I am glad I purchased Lumidesk and appreciate all the support I have received.
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Perfect! let me know if you have another question

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

djhitman

Post by djhitman »

I followed these same instructions but the lights just shoot straight out, it doesn't move to the music, not even to the sequence. please advise. thanks.