Problems with Music on Cues / Sequences

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
KevinBenstead

Problems with Music on Cues / Sequences

Post by KevinBenstead »

Hi.

I was setting up a show last night and Lumidesk was driving me crazy.

Here's my scenario.

I have a peice of music which I need to play. Part way through the music I want to change the lighting. The time that I do this needs to be controlled manually (because of what the actors are doing at the time).

So I have a cue which I have attached a music file. the CUE has two sequences. each sequence has one scene.

In live mode I get the large CUE button with a little music symbol in it and two Sequence buttons to the right of this. When i click on the CUE button the music starts and the lights change as expected to the settings for sequence 1. Now comes the annoying part. When I click on Sequence 2 to change the light settings the music stops. Also the CUE button which was highlighted has now gone out (probably why the music stopped). I've tried setting Stacked or Released mode on the sequences but this appears not to have any affect.

I have the latest released version.

PS. It's exceptionally annoying to be able to make changes (e.g. adding sound files to Cues / sequences) in Live mode but having to go back to Desktop mode to save the changes. This is especially annoying as there are some things you can ONLY do in live mode. Please can we have a save button in Live mode.
--------------------------------
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Problems with Music on Cues / Sequences

Post by lumidesk »

Hi,
you need to affect the audio file to a sequence not to the cue. You have 2 sequences on Cue1, Sequence1 and Sequence2. Attach MP3.1 to Sequence 1 and MP3.2 to Sequence 2. Set "release mode".

Click on Sequence1 ... the MP3.1 will start with the effect 1
then Click on Sequence2 ... the MP3.2 will start with the effect 2 and MP3.1 will stop, same for effect 1.

if you want to have both on the same time just set "stack mode"

if you want to play a specific audio file and start a sequence but be able to disable the sequence later without stoping the file, you need :
create an empty cue / sequence for you audio file.
create a Live Action Button and add a link to the button. That means you will be able to start the sound sequence and any light sequence with the Live Button action.

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager