Sound trigger vs factory sound active mode

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
djhitman

Sound trigger vs factory sound active mode

Post by djhitman »

When I setup the sound trigger mode with a microphone, the lights to not react very good to the sound. At least not nearly as good as the factory sound active setting of the lights. Is this normal? Or am I missing something?
djhitman

Re: Sound trigger vs factory sound active mode

Post by djhitman »

anyone?
simonB

Post by simonB »

First of all you need to decide how you want the lights to react to the sound.
Do you want to use pulse detection? (this is probably the way your fixtures internal sound active mode will work)
Do you want to use BPM detection? This uses a very advanced and accurate beat detection algorithm which I have found to work very well.

Both methods should work far more effectively than your fixtures sound activation mode. You should be using a line in from your sound device, make sure this is set up correctly in the control panel sound settings.
djhitman

Post by djhitman »

Thanks for your reply. I have been using a USB mic which showed up in the audio trigger window but I will try a mic to the line input. I will post back the results.
djhitman

Post by djhitman »

ok, its still not working good. here is what I do:
I go to bpm settings - select audio analysis
In the audio analysis window I have microphone selected and it shows beat of the music playing
In the 'Live' tab I select the cue sequence I want - right click and select follow music bpm

The light changes pattern but it is only slightly different than normal, even with several different speeds of music played. It does go with the music.

Please advise, what am I doing wrong here.
djhitman

Post by djhitman »

hello?