fixtures that are just washes

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
missbethany3302

fixtures that are just washes

Post by missbethany3302 »

Ok so now that i'm slowly understanding this software, here is my problem. First I run lites for my church. We have two services. One service is a tradtional service where i dont use any of my moving lights or LEDS (unless i'm using them to wash the wall). Our 2nd service is a contempary service that i use my 2 moving lights and Several LEDS with my hazer to create a concert feel (still use front washes to light up singers)> Majority of my lights are Source 4 plain washes. On my old ETC board I put my washes into submasters to easily switch from different settings. One for worship, one to light just pastor as he speaks, stuff like that. I'm loving what this software is doing with my "fun lites" as i call them but how do i create the same look with the front washes i still have to use? Does this even make sense?
CMBDJ

Re: fixtures that are just washes

Post by CMBDJ »

If those source 4s are on dmxable dimmers, just patch generic fixtures to your show or create your own that match the dmx values for your dimmers. Then group them together as group 3 or 4 for fast selection during programming. You can program in one of many ways for playback in desktop mode. You can create "master" scenes or sequences that contain all parameters for all of your fixtures...making it a one button for all...or you can seperate it out by Cue or different sequences in a Cue. It all depends on how many different scenes you need and how you need to organize them or execute them.

I use lumidesk for DJ application with some production work here and there. Watch my video and see if this gives you some ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPu_rtaU ... WZ5TpN8xjt
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
missbethany3302

Post by missbethany3302 »

Thank you. I have been playing with the settings and I think i'm figuring them out how to get them programmed. Does this software have an uptime fade in and a down time fade ? I have them in a scene and i have them working great but they just go from off to bright. Is there a way to bring them up in like 3 secondds and then stay bright till i need to fade them out? I guess i'm trying to mimic my board sliders :) And yes all of my washes are on dimmers that are dmx controlled. I have 96 channels of dimmer packs, we use and ETC dimmer rack. Our church is set up to be able to handle concerts coming in so i have a ton of lighting equipment (not that we use it all right now :))
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

Fade in and Out times can be set on the desktop screen. Right click on the cue or sequence and select settings.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com