Feature Request

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
main1event

Feature Request

Post by main1event »

Is there way to build in an offset feature, let me explain. If I have two moving heads on truss and I program them to work in the average venue dance floor. I encounter a venue where I need to turn the moving heads at an angle or they are further from the dance floor, now I have to reprogram a number of scenes specifically for that floor. Is there a way to create a correction tool and apply it to the scenes that you'd like to correct?

If the dance floor is further out, you can take the first scene make the correction to the new location, and then take that correction ( difference between the last location and new location ) and apply that difference to the rest of the scenes and sequences, either individually or by simply selecting and applying the correction.

That certainly would save a tremendous amount of time.
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Feature Request

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, if you have LD ULTIMATE you can use the palette feature. You program your show with position palettes and then you just need to update them and the show will be updated.
Let me know if you need any help with that
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

af1960

Post by af1960 »

Hi Julien,

I missed this post. I'm VERY interested in the palette feature. But where is it? Can''t find anything....

Best regards,
Mark
Mark van Oosterhout
LumiDesk Ultimate
Rotterdam, Netherlands
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

There is a demo video on the lumidesk website. From what I can tell, the palettes feature is only usable for a single position. Like if you have your lights focused on a fixed position with no movement. So if you program a circle around a dance floor at one venue, when you get to the next and the radius needs to be smaller you would not be able to make that adjustment. but if you were spotlighting the middle of the dance floor and all fixtures were static in movement, you could make that adjustment easily. I may be missing something though.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com