Midi Control

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
Konken

Midi Control

Post by Konken »

First of all, hi to everyone and yes I'm new to this forum. I have a couple of fairly easy questions to ask. I'm consindering buying the ultimate version of this software and have downloaded the "trial" version some time ago. I should also mention that I also downloaded almost every dmx software available to test. But I prefer this one :D So to the issues. I am considering using a behringer bcf2000 to handle some basics, running sequences, change color and so on. I read somewhere ( I think ) that some midi functions are absent in the trial version, but this is related to how Lumidesk is handling midi in in general. Since midi sends mostly values between 0-127 and dmx 0-255, there is a mismatch how lumidesk handled for instance color change via midi. It actually skipped every second color on my Mac 250 Krypton "test rig". Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this relatet to trial version and missing hardware ? I also tested this with a midi keyboard with the same result. Is there a midi to dmx conversion inside the coding of the program or is this handled elsewise ?
Next big Q is : When I assign some midi values to x and y axis for one moving head, is there a way to make this "global" for all similar lights or do I have to set this up for each light ?
Thanks for reading
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Re: Midi Control

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, LumiDesk convert the MIDI Values, there is no problem. You can use the BCF 2000, I actually test with that console. You can only use the MIDI with either LIVE or ULTIMATE version3
By making a multiselection you will be able to control all your moving head on the same time with MIDI.

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Konken

Post by Konken »

Ok, thanks. My ultimate version arrived last week. So I had the chance to test it for real. My next question is. It seems that it's just possible to select one midi source. Is this correct ? Do I have to for instance connect the bcf2000 throug the midi port on let's say a keyboard controller to use both ?
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello you can only use one MIDI IN source, I don't know if you can connect the BCF on a keyboard I never done it, let me know if this solution work
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Konken

Post by Konken »

I tried to connect the bcf to the keyboard midi in, this did not work. But I connected the keyboard to midi in on the bcf, this worked. You will of course lose the feedback function for the faderes and knobs. I also used the midi out and not the usb connection on the bcf. I will try to use a midi merger or something to create a workaround.