Problems with Lumidesk Ultimate / Casa CTL-DCM Laser

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
stickyfusion

Problems with Lumidesk Ultimate / Casa CTL-DCM Laser

Post by stickyfusion »

I just received my Lumidesk Ultimate but I have had my Casa CTL-DCM laser for a little while now and it was working perfectly with my old hardware controller. The problem I am seeing is this and I don't know if this is normal behavior or not. If I have the DMX cable plugged in and software is all ready to go before i turn the laser on, the laser does not initialize at all and is unresponsive. The only way I have found to get around this is to have the laser on before I plug in the DMX, then it initializes. This is a huge problem because eventually the laser will be mounted and I won't be able to do this function to be able to use my laser. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a proper startup procedure with Lumidesk and certain lights?

Thanks

Matt
lumidesk.forum

Re: Problems with Lumidesk Ultimate / Casa CTL-DCM Laser

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hello Matt, that's very weird, do you have any led to indicate that your fixture actually receive the DMX signal ? It might be a DMX signal / frequency compatibility issue too, you can adjust the DMX signal properties by using tools.exe under the LumiDesk folder.
Please let me know

Thanks
stickyfusion

Post by stickyfusion »

The laser does have a red LED on the back that usually indicates it is getting a DMX signal. That light isn't on until I unplug and re-plug in the device, then it comes on and ready to be controlled. What would I changed for the timing settings if I decided to try that?
stickyfusion

Post by stickyfusion »

I am still having issues with the Casa CTL-DCM Laser and Lumidesk Ultimate.... I am not sure if this fixture just isn't "fully" support" or what. I have issues where I go into the Lumidesk software and then plug in the USB lighting controller attached to the fixture after. Or plug in the lighting controller and then load up the Lumidesk application afterward. The fixture is assigned DMX properly but the auto modes and program modes aren't responding or do anything to the light. Is there some hotfix or SSL update for this fixture that may help? Is there anything else I can try or should I just give up on this?

Matt
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

You should confirm that the dmx channel mode the light is set to matches the fixture profile you are using.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com