DMX triggers for sequences / cues?

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
KevinBenstead

DMX triggers for sequences / cues?

Post by KevinBenstead »

Is there a way to use DMX input as a trigger for Cue/Sequence change

I have a old 24 channel DMX desk which I can connect to the DMX input on the Lumidesk Ultimate

What I'd like to do is to link DMX inputs to Cues and Sequences.

e.g. if channel 1 on the DMX input is on (say more than 75%) I want CUE1 to be active. If channel 2 is on I want CUE2 to be active. etc
--------------------------------
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group
lumidesk.forum

Re: DMX triggers for sequences / cues?

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hello, yes you can use LumiDesk Ultimate and trigger the Cues / Sequences buttons with DMX In
Thanks
KevinBenstead

Re: DMX triggers for sequences / cues?

Post by KevinBenstead »

Ok

I found the DMX in tab on the Settings for the cue / sequence in Live mode when I was using the computer with the controller plugged in. But I don't have it when I'm running my on my home computer without the controller connected. I guess this is a limitation of Demo mode. Unfortunately the controller is a 50 mile round trip away so I can't quickly check it. It would be good to have it available in Demo mode as I sometimes setup a show 'off-line' at home then take it to the theatre.

I did notice when I found the tab that there was a DMX input channel and a level. Is the level an absolute value (i.e. if we set the value to 100 then the DMX input value has to be exactly 100) or an 'above this value' level (i.e. the cue/sequence is triggered when the DMX input value is above the level set).

This feature doesn't seem to be mentioned in the on-line manuals.
--------------------------------
Kevin Benstead
Technical Lead
Windlesham Drama Group