Maybe Lumidesk is just too hard

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
stickyfusion

Maybe Lumidesk is just too hard

Post by stickyfusion »

I have 2 Eliminator Lighting KATANA LED fixtures. I had to download the SSL2 profile for them from the Lumidesk website but when playing around with the settings it seems that the fixture profile is not right. Red is Green and Green is Red and some other irregularities. Also I see no way to enable sound activated mode via DMX. I figured I should be able to take the fixture manual and re-write the fixture profile if i wanted but it just is not going well. I get errors about default preset and other things. I was recommended Lumidesk because it was known to be very powerful yet easy to use. I have not found that to be the case. I try programming a chase scene, it ignores what I set entirely. Should I just sell all this and give up?
lumidesk.support

Re: Maybe Lumidesk is just too hard

Post by lumidesk.support »

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. It seems you are having issues with the SSL file itself. We can check to see what is wrong with it. Are you able to send an email with the manual attached so we can check it against what we have in our system? If so please send to [email protected]
stickyfusion

Post by stickyfusion »

Thanks for the reply, I have emailed you the light fixture manual PDF as requested. Also I mentioned that in the SSL2 profile I am not seeing any way to enable sound active mode like most fixture profiles. To me it just seems like an odd fixture profile build.
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

There are many details that come into play when programming and it can take a while to learn your way around DMX and Lumidesk. If you're new to DMX programming, it will take time and practice. While you may have the profile, you also have to select the correct mode. Many fixtures have various modes which use more or less channels. If you have your light set to a different channel mode than the profile you are using in lumidesk, your lights will not respond.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com