Is Lumidesk a dead product now?

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
DJMike_123

Is Lumidesk a dead product now?

Post by DJMike_123 »

I have been with Lumidesk since the beginning but it looks to me like the company is giving up the design of its software it looks old and tierd now so many other makers are still looking to improve, so what is the deal Lumidesk are you not ever going to update what is not a perfect product again?
rconville

Re: Is Lumidesk a dead product now?

Post by rconville »

It appears that Lucid - and their "Blizzard" line has taken over the product - have newer help files and documentation... the stuff at Lumidesk is dated and pretty much useless...
Roly

Post by Roly »

So...... any advice regarding where to go for support?
cheers
lumidesk.forum

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hello, no LumiDesk is not a dead product. We are still actively working on the product.
We post an updated version in December improving the Midi feature. Now you can send Midi feedback to Midi controllers.
Luna5

Post by Luna5 »

Hi Lumidesk.
After the last update with MIDI improvement, my light has disappeared on the Akai APC Mini I use.
Is it something that is being worked on to get back or will it not work again?
Kind regards
Erik Rasmussen
lumidesk.forum

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hello
Luna5 wrote: Sun 20 Sep 2020 16:32 Hi Lumidesk.
After the last update with MIDI improvement, my light has disappeared on the Akai APC Mini I use.
Is it something that is being worked on to get back or will it not work again?
Hello,
You should be able to tell the Akai to light up an specific color depending on Midi feedback note that is sent back to the Console, How are you using the Midi console and what are your settings within the software?
Regards;
lumidesk.forum

Post by lumidesk.forum »

Hi!

There is a new official version of Lumidesk available for download on the Lumidesk website, the version date is October 21, the version includes the MIDI improvement and feedback note to change the colors of the buttons in Midi consoles like the Akai APC Mini. You guys can try it out.

Kind regards;
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

Can we get an official update on the status of Lumidesk and Nicolaude products in the US? The last Lumidesk release was May 2021.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
robkoski

Post by robkoski »

Agreed. It would be great to have some sort of indication of what's going on besides an upgrade program.