3D Visualzer not same as actual light movement

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
djhitman

3D Visualzer not same as actual light movement

Post by djhitman »

Hello, I just got the Lumidesk Ultimate and it is really great with a nice interface. I setup 4 Chauvet Q-spot 160 led moving heads.

In the 3D visualizer everything looks good and it plays well, but when I connected it via dmx to the actual units the placement is off( although the colors and patterns seem correct)
For example if i'm doing an 180 degree sweep from left to right, in the 3D visualizer it looks great, but with the actual units the sweep is there but not like i set it up in the 3D visualizer. I want the sweep to be facing the crowd and it gives me a sweep that is partially to the front and partially to the back.

If I program with the lights connected i'm sure I can get it right but I'd like to be able to program the lights using the 3D Visualizer. Is there a way to calibrate it or to be sure that what I see is what I get in the 3D visualizer? thanks.
CMBDJ

Re: 3D Visualzer not same as actual light movement

Post by CMBDJ »

Sounds like the position the lights are facing is the problem. I know using the 3D visualizer it can be hard some times, telling which is the front. The easiest thing to do is to open up your 3D visualizer with your lights connected. With the light beam on, see the position the lights are in when they are reset, then in the 3d, adjust the position to match your setup angle of the actual lights.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com
djhitman

Post by djhitman »

CMBDJ wrote:Sounds like the position the lights are facing is the problem. I know using the 3D visualizer it can be hard some times, telling which is the front. The easiest thing to do is to open up your 3D visualizer with your lights connected. With the light beam on, see the position the lights are in when they are reset, then in the 3d, adjust the position to match your setup angle of the actual lights.
thanks, I think that is my best bet. It is also a little fustrating that the movement in the fixture - Presets moving area is different from the movement in the Effects Manager.
CMBDJ

Post by CMBDJ »

Also in the 3D visualizer you can invert the pan or tilt to fix this problem. I'ts necessary on some lights, not on others. Go to the contruction view and select the fixtures tab. On the far right are check boxes to invert pan and tilt.
Casey Brown
Tyler Uplights / CMB Music Productions
Lumidesk Dealer
http://www.tyleruplights.com