Wishlist Item: More Shortcuts

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
Garsondee

Wishlist Item: More Shortcuts

Post by Garsondee »

Greetings Lumidesk!

I love your hardware/software package, it's the slick and effective system which I needed to get my lighting career going.

Could you implement more shortcuts for the live panel please? At the moment it only seems to accept letters and numbers, leaving a huge amount of the keyboard untouched. It would also be extremely helpful if you could also allow for modifiers so that I can press Ctrl A instead of just A and use Alt and Shift. Even better than that would be to have the option to distinguish between left and right ctrl, shift and alt keys which would give me an absolute wealth of keys that I could use.

Thanks for taking the time to read your forums and listening to your customers.
Chris

Re: Wishlist Item: More Shortcuts

Post by Chris »

I agree, this would be usefull.
For example to use the whole number pad (+ - ,).

thanks
Chris
Garsondee

Post by Garsondee »

Is there any chance of us getting this feature in the future? Or at least an explanation of why it's not possible/preferable?
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, I already put this feature on the list. I will let you know when it will be available
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Garsondee

Post by Garsondee »

Thanks a huge amount - this will be extremely helpful for me and I'm sure many other people. It's really amazing that you take the time to implement suggestions from the community!
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hello, the new Beta version allow you to get more shortcuts.

Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Garsondee

Post by Garsondee »

Hey there - I've installed the most recent beta version (removing the old version first with the uninstall tool) and tried this out - but it doesn't seem to have changed for me?

I tried the F1, F2, F3 etc and it displays this symbol ? this same thing applies to a lot of other combinations or keys I tried. Am I missing something? Thanks for taking the time to implement this feature! This is the same thing that was happening previously BTW.
lumidesk
Administrateur du site

Post by lumidesk »

Hi, I just added the Uppercase letters. not F1 .. F12, the F keys are used for Patch, 3d, live desktop, scanlibrary....
Thanks
Julien CHEVALIER
LumiDesk Manager

Garsondee

Post by Garsondee »

Ahhh - well oddly enough those were avaliable before if you engaged the capslock button. I understand now that the F keys aren't usable but could some of the more obscure keys be used such as the keypad and symbol keys like , . / ; ' # [ ] be used in future? This would massively increase the options avaliable to anyone using shortcuts.