The "Always send beats" feature can't be disabled

This section allows you to ask questions about LumiDesk's products.
Peter Videcrantz

The "Always send beats" feature can't be disabled

Post by Peter Videcrantz »

The Audio analyzer continues to send beats even if I manually set the trigger lever above the music level (the green indicator stops flashing). Checking or un-checking the "Always send beats" checkbox makes no difference.
I am using the August 10 release.
Peter Videcrantz

Re: The "Always send beats" feature can't be disabled

Post by Peter Videcrantz »

Hi Julien
While testing the Jan 20 beta I discovered why I have this problem.
The cable from my mixer to my PC is 5m long and picks up a little bit of noise. The automatic gain control (AGC) in the analyzer cranks up the gain and the analyzer starts analyzing the noise – i.e. the analyzer act like there is music all the time.

Please consider the follow features in a future release.
1) Implement a user control for controlling the level of (AGC). Range: from what it is today to no AGC at all.
2) Implement a user control for setting the level needed before the analyzer starts analyzing the music. If the music is below that level for a short while the analyzer shall become idle. The analyzer shall upon exit from its idle state resume sending out beats per minutes with same rate as before entering the idle state. Range: What it is today to max input (always idle).
3) Implement a user control which defines beats per minutes while idle: Range: 0-999.

Best regards,
Peter Videcrantz